MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Smilies box under dialog for new message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my old forums the smilies was wide. Now in 1.6 when posting a new message the smilies bos is half hidden under where you type the text message. Is there a way to make the text typing area not as wide and the smilies taller and narrower where you select them for the message.

A better pic of my problem.

[Image: smilies_slickdude.jpg]
Take a look at this about your editor size: http://community.mybb.com/thread-67303-page-1.html

Try reverting your newthread and newreply templates about the Smiley problem.
I think the fix here might be a text box alignment problem and not sure where to fix that. If you look Tim at the text box it got updated left alignment. If I could just align it to the right that might fix this issue. Then secondary I must be able to resize the smilies box too, which would fix hopefully the smilies. Again not sure where to look for that. Too bad there isn't a simple plugin in that lets you position and size both of these easily, would have thought that would have been included to make customization easier. My other issue too is auto-resizing of images in message posts. Many other forums do this but I have yet to find out how 1.6 can???
ACP >> Settings >> Clickable Smilies and BB Code

Change the number of coloums to 2
Excellent, that fixed it great. Okay so too bad the alignment of the text box couldn't be moved to right justify as easily.
Is there a way to right justify the text box so it sits to the right side in a form, just curious?
An easy fix would be to change the following in newreply and newthread templates

Find:
<td class="trow2" width="20%"><strong>{$lang->thread_subject}</strong></td>

Change the width to 30% or whatever value you want.

You can't really align the textarea to the right as it will mess up the dropdown menus.
It seems to me that one weak area in the forums design is the customization of things like this. I mean maybe I might seem off base but why not allow more customization of the pages to fix issues like this. Maybe someone will come up with a plug-in that allows just this sort of thing. I would think stuff like resizing a text box and realignment of it would be simple things to change in a control panel rather than all these coding changes. Like for example leaving the forum text below the main logo left justified but center the logo itself. Where is the easy way to do this without coding it?
(2010-08-19, 05:13 PM)slickdude Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to me that one weak area in the forums design is the customization of things like this. I mean maybe I might seem off base but why not allow more customization of the pages to fix issues like this. Maybe someone will come up with a plug-in that allows just this sort of thing. I would think stuff like resizing a text box and realignment of it would be simple things to change in a control panel rather than all these coding changes. Like for example leaving the forum text below the main logo left justified but center the logo itself. Where is the easy way to do this without coding it?

There would have to be a stupid amount of settings to cover everything like that. Then people would complain there are too many settings and it's hard to find the one you want.

It's not exactly difficult to change things through the templates. Smile
You mean if you had a control panel that had text input boxe settings, sizing H' W' and alignment justification that would be too hard to do, please, c'mon that would make a world of difference. It would make it easier to change things rather than doing it through coding, now finding the right template and where seems far more difficult than a simple setting control panel would.