MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Translations in building and installing languages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Many times users who do not speak English, they feel dumped by MyBB support forum. Since there are translations, community support and a forum linked to external languages, I thought of this idea:

Instal the official languages in the support forum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday enter the official website of plugins and I liked one, download the plugin, I had not translated into my native language and we started to translate. After finishing the translation, send and then entered the plugin page and see that this translation. By this I mean that the log on page of the plugin says that translation is in creation. To avoid doing what was done.
I agree with this idea, and suggested it before. The response unto why it isn't done though is quite logical. It would stun their ability to update the forum. Because they would have to wait up for the translations.
Sure, but delays in the translations are only version changes pairs, for example: 1.4 to 1.6 ... and most of the translations were ready in 1 week.
Thats one week a security vulnerability could be waiting.
What if the team doesn't speak the language? There's no point in having the languages installed if no one on the team can utilize them..

Makes more sense (as stated before) to simply have a directory of MyBB websites in other languages, which would be maintained separately by 3rd parties.
Exactly as Scoutie said. Besides if no staff speaks that language there is no way to moderate that language allowing chaos to probably become rampant.
(2010-08-16, 01:41 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Makes more sense (as stated before) to simply have a directory of MyBB websites in other languages, which would be maintained separately by 3rd parties.

This. If you need support in your native language I strongly suggest you take a look at this thread and visit the third party site in your language.
(2010-08-16, 09:57 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-16, 01:41 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Makes more sense (as stated before) to simply have a directory of MyBB websites in other languages, which would be maintained separately by 3rd parties.

This. If you need support in your native language I strongly suggest you take a look at this thread and visit the third party site in your language.

But on MyBBHispano's point, does nothing if they can't speak english. Maybe if MyBB offered hosting to 3rd party websites, and added different langauges to the homepage? Although thats a huge thing to tackle.
Well MyBB can't maintain every language out there, it's not possible. Of course the 3rd party sites should be more visible on the main page.
Yes I agree to that it is an brilliant idea. It is really fruitful for different new users like me. I really appreciate that. It is much beneficial.
Pages: 1 2