MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question on PHP Info?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I was looking over all my permissions and in Default Permissions everything in all the categories is clicked to No, except for one,
in Tools & Maintenance "Can view PHP info?" is clicked to Yes.

Is that correct?

I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks

Correct in what way?
Yes it's like that by default but you can only view info there no change anything.
Im assuming its admin permissions your looking at , its up to you do you what your admins to see all you php info? Personnaly i dont think they need to see it , if it was me id select no.
It is the default as PBear said, however if you don't trust all your Admins to have it, then by all means set it to no. It does generate information that a rogue admin could use to hack your site and cause problems if they really wanted to... but if you're having that much trouble with an Admin, they probably don't belong being one.
(2010-08-15, 10:42 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Correct in what way?
Yes it's like that by default but you can only view info there no change anything.

Ok, thanks.

I was just curious since it was the only one clicked yes out of 47 permissions.
(2010-08-15, 10:45 PM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]Im assuming its admin permissions your looking at , its up to you do you what your admins to see all you php info? Personnaly i dont think they need to see it , if it was me id select no.

Yes,
in the Admin Permissions > Default Permissions > Tools & Maintenance.
Thinking of it though it's only default permissions for example if you gave a group acp access other than Administrators. The default admin settings for administrators is viewing in the Group Permissions Smile