MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with forum permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

Using version 1.10 (newly released):

I've created several sets of forums (one main "index" forum and several sub-forums under each "index" forums).

Each set of forums is intended for a different audience. One is publicly visible and any registered user may post. The other three have various restrictions based upon which user group(s) the user is in. For example, one is for validated members, one is for "officers" and one is for only moderators/administrators of the forums.

However, I'm having a problem with the permissions. If a member is part of custom group A and B, but the forums allow in only members of B (but not A), then the user can't go into the forums. It is as if the user is being given the least permissions possible if there are multiple matching choices. This even happens if the member is in the Administrators group and that group is always allowed full access.

What I'd obviously like is if someone is a member of several groups, and one of them allows access, then the user can access the forums.

How can I accomplish this? If it is not working in this fashion, is it a bug?

Thanks!
DennisTT Wrote:Something that may be of interest:

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=5646

Thanks for the link. I copied/pasted the code and can confirm that what I wish to happen now actually is what happens.

I would like to know what the "default" behavior is, though, because it is obviously counterintuitive. Then, perhaps, I could suggest a a change to the default behavior.

Thanks!