MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Downgrade.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can I downgrade from MyBB 1.6 to MyBB 1.4
You would have to revert all the database changes and reupload the 1.4 files.
It's possible.

Why would you want to though?
I am unable to cope up with it.
Most of the plugin's aren't working..and my forum is all messed up.
Can anyone help me...
Did you create a backup before upgrading? If not, it will be hard.

Also, read this:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-75646.html

Regards,
Jammerx2
It would be easier to sort out the problems you're having on 1.6

If you downgrade you'll just have to upgrade again eventually when MyBB stop updating and supporting 1.4

Most plugins will work on 1.6 just by changing the compatibility in the plugin file.
@ AJS , can you please help me set up the tabbed menu plugin which I bought it in mybbcentral.com
My MSN is :- [email protected]

Thankyou in advance.
We do not support downgrading only upgrading. We can however help with upgrading etc.
As it says in the sticky you can either make the changes yourself or wait for/contact the plugin owner.

All you should need to do in the tabbed menu plugin is change the compatibility indicator to 16* Smile
Ok, thanks Polar.
(2010-08-16, 09:54 AM)breathhacker Wrote: [ -> ]I am unable to cope up with it.
Most of the plugin's aren't working..and my forum is all messed up.
Can anyone help me...

This is why it says very clearly in the upgrade announcement to plan your upgrade. It's unbelievable how many people are upgrading without planning it and then realise plugins won't work straight away or use a 1.4 theme and then want to downgrade.

However you've been denied support anyway, so you'll either need to revert to your 1.4 file and database backup or sort out your 1.6 issues. Hopefully for future releases you'll take more time to plan an upgrade.
Pages: 1 2