MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Solve Theme Problem (darkfusion) Private Messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

another theme problem has occured (after the floating textarea which I could solve thanks to this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-75337.h...t=textarea) with darkfusion.

For some users, the private messages are not listed right to the menu but below the menu.

Now the weird thing is, I expected it to be a browser issue, since while it works for me with Firefox just fine Internet Explorer displays the theme in this bugged way (see attachment).

However: Talking to other members, using Firefox & Chrome, they said they experience the issue with both Chrome and Firefox.

I cannot reproduce this error using Firefox at all, the only way the error comes up for me is when using Internet Explorer.

Has anyone any idea how the fix that?

Also, an additional question.

When I installed darkfusion I had to edit lots of stuff since there were quite an amount of wrongly named images etc. Also the smileys and icons do not fit the background at all, since they are not transparent, nor has their background been changed to gray (you see single white pixes all around the smileys and icons).

Is that usual? If so (I don't wanna sound bitchy at all, I am well aware that the theme is a great offer and well done), why hasn't that been changed in the process of creating the theme, since that's really a killer of the actual great look of this theme.
The theme clearly has issues.

It looks like a CSS width issue for the Private Messages table. Go into your stylesheet and find the appropriate class for that table and decrease the width until it looks ok in all browsers.
I'll try that, I hope tho' that doesn't decrease the quality for users it already works.

Edit: Nah man, I cannot find the problem.

The correctly displayed top bar showing "Inbox | Compose Message | ..." has the following attributes:

<table border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="6" class="tborder">

Everything below which gets moved to the bottom for some users has these:

<table border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="6" class="tborder">

(same classes)

followed by

<td class="thead" align="center" colspan="6"><strong>Private Messages in folder <em>Inbox</em></strong></td>

css:

.thead {
	background: #0256d8 url(images/darkfusion/thead.gif) top left repeat-x;
	color: #ffffff;
	-moz-border-radius-topleft: 6px;
	-webkit-border-top-left-radius: 6px;
	-moz-border-radius-topright: 6px;
	-webkit-border-top-right-radius: 6px;
}

Cout it be those 6px?
I don't think so. Try adding a width of 500px to that class. And then use trial and error to find the best width to suit all browsers.

Be sure to check other parts of the forum too, "thead" is used a lot.
I changed the width directly in the <table> tag and unfortunately with no result.

I gotta admit that I am not into html and css as I hate it, I have a hard time figuring out all the issues that come with it anytime I put my hands on that Wink.

I tried changing the respective tag to:

<table border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="6" class="tborder" width="400px">

and
<table border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="6" class="tborder" width="500px">

Result: No changes at all. Now I do not know, could it be the class automatically overwriting anything I put into as width?
Go to ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > Private Messaging Templates > for any templates that're in green, choose Options > Revert to Original.
That did the trick completely and now I also know what the green templates mean. Thanks a bunch, I assume this problem happened when switching to 1.6 (or could there be another explanation?).

Whatever it was, thanks a lot!
Yes, it would have been the upgrade. You'll need to go through all your templates and revert them to default if they're in green, because new 1.6 features may not be showing and you may have more errors like this if they still contain the 1.4 versions of the templates.
I did that now, however now the theme's completely screwed up. I am assuming that is a theme issue tho' - it neither finds any images, nor displays the login bar on top correctly. A real shame tho' since that's one of the nicest themes in my opinion.

Someone should really fix the greatest bugs in this theme some day Wink.
What's your URL?? There's nothing we can do about bugs in a theme. Is it even a 1.6 theme??
Pages: 1 2