MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade stalled at event conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My upgrade from 1.2.12 to 1.6.whatever has stalled at the "Event Conversion" section. It's been sitting there for a good 1/2 hour.

Don't see any errors logs and I checked the database before converting to make sure there were no errors. Open to suggestions for troubleshooting at this point.
Are you trying to upgrade to 1.6 directly from 1.2.12?? Try upgrading to 1.4.0, then 1.4.8, then 1.4.14 and after that 1.6

(2010-08-16, 06:10 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]Are you trying to upgrade to 1.6 directly from 1.2.12?? Try upgrading to 1.4.0, then 1.4.8, then 1.4.14 and after that 1.6

*wimper* That sounds like a pain. I assume I can just extract the install directories without having to actually replace the entire set of files?
You would have to replace each set to make sure you're using the latest code.
Is this event conversion serious?

1500 to 1550 (1148334 Total)

It's doing 500 every couple of minutes. This'll take an age and a half...
You really have over a million calendar events in the events table?? That means if you had 100 events on every day you'd have 100 events planned per day for the next 31 years. Doesn't sound right to me.
I agree with Matt, there's absolutely no way you can have that many events planned on your forums.
Is that what it is? Let me check the database and see, because I don't think I should have that many either!
The answer is, yes I do. But I don't see how an event is tied to a user in the events table. Can I just truncate the table while the upgrade is in process?
If you don't need any of these events then truncate away. It shouldn't corrupt the upgrade and you should be able to refresh it if it stalls now as the rest of the process should be quite quick.

Dunno how you've managed to get over a million calendar events, must have been some very busy spam bots, I've never seen that many before though.
The answer is yes, I just truncated that sucker then it moved on. Maybe that's why the original conversion right from 1.2.12 to 1.6 was stalled. I didn't see any sort of counter at all.
I'm getting hammered with them and it's a pain in the rear. I'm hoping the updates are going to give me better security or better tools to handle them.
At least the conversion of the 240,000 IPs isn't as slow!