MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok so i log into my site with the other domain i have an i got this my other domain isnt work so i used the old one
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT uid,username,password,salt,loginkey,remember,coppauser,usergroup FROM tech_users WHERE username='mone' LIMIT 1
anyone know what this could be i also seen another topic with the same problem but it was closed
The answer is in a thread at the top of the forum.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-75028.html
ARGH WHY ME! Iv got this problem too, I am hoping my problem is just a few plug-ins that are sort of in use during the registration process, going to try change the plugin to 16.

* And to make it even more fun, I cannot get on my FTP at the moment, and my host has JUST gone offline..
Job for me tomorrow now, bummer Sad
This will only happen if you've got 1.4 code running, be it in a core file or a plugin. Plugins should be deactivated before you upgrade so they shouldn't cause any problems if that's done. Run the file verification check in the Tools & Maintenance section; if all is OK here, it's a plugin, but as I said they should be deactivated to begin with.
i upgrade a while ago every thing went smooth but just out of no where i get this error i cant access my site right now by the main url still so i dont know if its happening to others
You must have just added a 1.4 plugin then. You won't get this error unless you're running 1.4 code.
Fixed it! I did a few things, but I think my main problem was the plugin "Default Profile"

I didnt deactivate any of my plugins when I upgraded. Some of them loose all their settings when deactivated so I tried to avoid this.

Thanks for pointing this thread towards your 1.6 Upgrade Troubles thread!

PS* My in-line moderation problems are now sorted, thank you so much for you're time and effort put in to helping me, + helping with this threads issue Big Grin +REP ;-DDDDDDDDD
(2010-08-17, 04:41 PM)Rob1991 Wrote: [ -> ]Fixed it! I did a few things, but I think my main problem was the plugin "Default Profile"
Thanks Smile this sorted the same problem I had.
I had already deactivated the Default plugin before upgrading to 1.6, and changed the compatibility of the plugin to '16*'
However,I was then notified by a new member trying to sign up they got the code "1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list' "
Deactivating the "Default Profile" plugin cured the problem.
Off to find a replacement plugin now.

I have default profile running on my 1.6 forum. I posted a fix for it here:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-75735-p...#pid558919

working for me
link is dead.