MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade muck up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where can I get a copy of 1.4.13 to re-install?

The reason for asking is that I was on this version and set about installing 1.6 but I stupidly did "install" rather than "upgrage" so ended up wiping out the DB. I have re-built that from the backup but I now have a 1.4.13 DB with 1.6 code, hence I get the error

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (42)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

I'm guessing that if I go back to 1.4.13 for a minute then upload the 1.6 files and do upgrade it will sort it out.

Any help would be very welcome.

Peter
You just need to run the upgrade script like it tells you. yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php. You don't need 1.4.13 files for anything now, you've got the 1.6 code, you just need to make the database 1.6 compatible by upgrading it.

This is all explained in the documentation that comes with MyBB, and here: [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
(2010-08-16, 09:08 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You just need to run the upgrade script like it tells you. yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php. You don't need 1.4.13 files for anything now, you've got the 1.6 code, you just need to make the database 1.6 compatible by upgrading it.

This is all explained in the documentation that comes with MyBB, and here: [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

I should have noticed that.

However..... now I get

You do not have permissions to run this process. You need administrator permissions to be able to run the upgrade procedure.

If you need to logout, please click here. From there you will be able to log in again under your administrator account.

and clicking the logout link does not do anything.
Clear your cookies in your browser and you'll be logged out.
(2010-08-16, 09:18 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Clear your cookies in your browser and you'll be logged out.

You guys are sooooo helpful (and make it sound so easy when we are panicking that it has all gone wrong).

Thanks so much for your quick and excellent help.