MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 403 forbidden ????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

I haven't a clue what I'm doing but have read lots of threads on here regarding CHMOD - I've figured out how to change the required files to 666 but I'm getting '403 forbidden' when trying to access www.mysite.com/forums/install/ .

As I say I'm new to all this web design so can anyone pls help (in the most simple terms possible !!!)
well chmod isn't only the options that gives permission!
umm are u running it on ur own server , or on some hosting company?

sometimes this error is cause by the group's permissions

also try to check other pages and directories , just to check if u encounter this error

btw pls provide us with a link

regards
I tried the /index which opened an open/save box - when opened, it loaded dreamweaver (which I don't use) but a blank page ???

I'm trying to install it to http://www.unclejackd.pwp.blueyonder.co....ck/forums/

Cheers
Your server is not set up for parsing PHP.

Does blueyonder support PHP? If not, you'll need to find a web host which does.

Also - it could just be that it is disabled in your web hosting control panel if you have one.
Remember you need both PHP and MySQL to run MyBB Smile
MySQL ????

Sorry new to this
Quote:MySQL ????

Yes MySQL is a dadbase system. It will be easy to figure out if they will offer it or not by looking at the package speification, they will mention something like 1 MySQL database(s).

Note without it u will never manager to run mybb nor any BB system or anything that needs a MySQL database

regards
GuttedSad

I just upgraded but although it does support PHP it doesn't support MySQL
Pages: 1 2