MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Steam is driving me mad....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got SupCom2 from game.com for really cheap, it installed in only 4 mins 27 seconds....

Launched the game - steam pops up and tells me it's gonna take 2 hours and 6 minutes to update....

Angry my Internet isn't exactly slow, 6mb/s which is fast in our area Sad
Umm, you downloaded a whole game in 4 minutes? Something tells me steam is downloading the actual game.
No, bought the disk, installed and now it's updating via steam Smile
Oh! When you said from game.com I assumed you downloaded it Toungue.

Either way try stopping it and starting it again. Also make sure you have the right internet speed set for your account.
It's done now :p
I find that changing the server speeds up downloads especially when there is a lot of people using the servers (Like a Steam Sale). To Change the server go to Steam -> Settings then click on the "Downloads + Cloud" tab. The server is under the "Download Region" (I normally change it to the Netherlands during a sale for example).

If you want to see the server loads of all of the servers go to the Steam Stats, then you can choose the server with the lowest load. Smile
Steam is crap, but in about 10 years, its gonna be the microsoft of gaming.
(2010-08-17, 04:42 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]in about 10 years, its gonna be the microsoft of gaming.

Yeah, but instead of Microsoft, it's actually going to not suck completely.
(2010-08-17, 05:38 PM)TheLifelessOne Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-17, 04:42 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]in about 10 years, its gonna be the microsoft of gaming.

Yeah, but instead of Microsoft, it's actually going to not suck completely.

I don't really think so...
Oh no, Steam is actually quite good (other than the lack of Linux support, a fully open API, etc).
It definitely needs some work (again, linux, API, etc), but it's alright as-is.
Pages: 1 2