MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 Captchas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

When you signup on my forum, there are 2 captchas, reCaptcha and the standard MyBB one, I only want reCapthca, so how do I get rid of the other one?

http://thediscussionzone.com/member.php?action=register

Thanks.

I would contact the author of the plugin. It seem obvious to me that they were supposed to replace the MyBB captcha, not add to it! Toungue
(2010-08-18, 08:06 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]I would contact the author of the plugin. It seem obvious to me that they were supposed to replace the MyBB captcha, not add to it! Toungue

Hmm, I was using version 2 of it, which was fine, then I updated to version 3 and the problems started. I'm going to downgrade the plugin version 2.
Problem solved, I downgraded to version 2. I'll notify the author of the plugin.
Is recaptcha a plugin?
Yes.
Thank you.... since the upgrade.... the new registrations have skyrocketed......but not from legitimate users. It seems that tons of registrations from .info e-mail addy's and bogus accounts have flooded the new upgraded forum. I hope something will stop them if they are even live people.
(2010-08-18, 08:01 PM)mallard Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you.... since the upgrade.... the new registrations have skyrocketed......but not from legitimate users. It seems that tons of registrations from .info e-mail addy's and bogus accounts have flooded the new upgraded forum. I hope something will stop them if they are even live people.

Same thing happened to me, I had over 100 registrations in 2 days all with trashy emails, IP's were different. The only thing that made me realise they weren't human was the fact they all had

A) Trashy emails
B) Advertising Signatures
C) Only stayed for like a second upon registration, never posted and left

I simply just deleted all the users who registered that day (If there were legitimate users, they can register again, as none of them had posts) and installed reCaptcha, I never had the problem again, however reCapthca III does have some problems, so I'm using II.

Thanks.
I installed the recaptcha........ and now I too have 2 captcha's..... how do you downgrade......if you never upgraded? I just installed the current version.
I tried recapchta II, but it always say incorrect answer.