MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hosting down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Do they guarantee 99.9% uptime?
Let this be a lesson to everybody reading this... never buy hosting months in advance. Things like this are more common than you think.
@Tommyk:
Uptime & Performance Matters
You're guaranteed 99.9% uptime on our superior network and super servers.

@spyda I know, but my previous hosting was never down and people talked me in a good way about this hosting, in fact it was good, until they were sold.

Quote:@spyda I know, but my previous hosting was never down and people talked me in a good way about this hosting, in fact it was good, until they were sold.

Yeah, but at least you gained the knowledge that even if they have good reviews, hosting companies do have ups and downs. I will only pay on a month-to-month basis and I take regular backups. That way, if something does happen to the host, it won't be as costly if I had pre-paid many months and relied on my host for backups. Wink
(2010-08-19, 07:58 AM)Trinit Wrote: [ -> ]@Tommyk:

If they guarantee that and don't deliver then then you are entitled to get your money back.

Threaten them with a bit of law jargon if they don't give you your money back Wink

(2010-08-19, 10:59 AM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-19, 07:58 AM)Trinit Wrote: [ -> ]@Tommyk:

If they guarantee that and don't deliver then then you are entitled to get your money back.

Threaten them with a bit of law jargon if they don't give you your money back Wink

The most he'll get is a credit applied to his account I can guarantee it. If you read the TOS he won't be getting cash back Toungue.
You should probably read the first post guys.
BusinessTransit sold the Chicago servers to another company (which is the owner right now).
BusinessTransit was perfectly fine but now these guys can't just do hosting well - their support is bad and down times are very regular. But it's weird though because it's not down for everything. I asked them if they had moved servers or something because it would probably be a DNS issue but they said they left everything as before - but it doesn't look like they did.

I'm not sure if you can get a refund since you haven't purchased your hosting account the current company. But you can always contact businesstransit.net and see if they give you a refund
I'm getting members report they can't access my site and getting the error: "Oops! This link appears broken.DNS error occurred. Server cannot be found."

12 hours to respond to my support ticket. Rolleyes
(2010-08-19, 12:45 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting members report they can't access my site and getting the error: "Oops! This link appears broken.DNS error occurred. Server cannot be found."

12 hours to respond to my support ticket. Rolleyes

Yeap I hate them and I've moved successfully from them !
Now they asked me to paste in the command prompt:
tracert goxema.com

but:
1st now it works, probably in an hour it won't, and i'll do it.
2nd that code doesn't work in mac os x's terminal
Does anyone know what is that code used for?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7