MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Rant] - The forum permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2010-08-18, 10:50 PM)laeresh Wrote: [ -> ]Make an option that the admin can set a preference whether to use drag and drop or checkboxes ( same as you can have different thread views for an users individual preference )

There is a point where you can have too many settings allowed though. Basic things like this wouldn't make sense.

Personally I haven't used it yet Toungue My forums were set up in 1.4 so it was no big deal.

However I do like the new system, although it takes up a little too much space for my tastes (dunno if it can be changed via the ACP themes thingy).
The reason we can't have a matrix anymore is because it would be impossible for us to show 20+ permissions in the same matrix without requiring really wide screen monitors for anyone who uses MyBB as an Administrator.
(2010-08-18, 11:52 PM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-18, 10:50 PM)laeresh Wrote: [ -> ]Make an option that the admin can set a preference whether to use drag and drop or checkboxes ( same as you can have different thread views for an users individual preference )

There is a point where you can have too many settings allowed though. Basic things like this wouldn't make sense.
Since the permissions are in the ACP they have there own permission set, check out index.php?module=home-preferences in your ACP. There's only two settings, i don't think adding one more would actually hurt.

But as Ryan said above, i agree too, It would be too big for a screen. but i do notice, if you put your mouse outside the box, it keeps the mouse loading icon, And i think it would be nice, if you click outside the box it closes it (and doesn't change the settings, or does meh)

Also with the refreshing, maybe thats a bug with your browser, since opera works fine when i right click and then try moving.
Who really cares, I personally only use this feature once every couple weeks so it doesnt phase me that much.
I like it tbh. It's a lot cleaner than the old one and easier to see. Yes it has it's problems with the click thing when you make a forum but according to a bug report that was made about it someone's submitted it to the authors.
Personally I do not experience the bug, however I hope that once ALL permissions get added to the drag and drop list and not just a handful, so you would still have to go into the advanced perm settings menu and check/uncheck the respective boxes.
(2010-08-18, 09:37 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Then file a bug report like you're supposed to? It's obviously not supposed to do that and it's obviously a bug. Would have saved all of us a bunch of time in replying to this thread if you just filed a bug report instead.

It was your choice to reply to this thread. You "wasted" your own time.
(2010-08-19, 12:33 PM)magicstuff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-18, 09:37 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Then file a bug report like you're supposed to? It's obviously not supposed to do that and it's obviously a bug. Would have saved all of us a bunch of time in replying to this thread if you just filed a bug report instead.

It was your choice to reply to this thread. You "wasted" your own time.

Next time I'll remember to just ignore your threads Smile
The MyBB permission system is very difficulty to use for big forums. It makes the task of defining permissions a boring and VERY time consuming task.

We really need a function to fast copy and apply permissions from a forum into a group of forums or from a user group into other user groups, like in vBulletin. This is a feature I really miss from vB.
Pages: 1 2 3 4