MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CANT CHANGE HELP TOPICS OR ADD TO SIGNATURE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have found 2 problems here,
firstly i wanted to edit the help topics to include extra info and after entering it which went fine,you could not see or access it from the board and yet it was in there when saved after changing in the cotrol panel any idea's?

also i have a forum sponsor that wants me to put an advertisement on all members signatures so that its all autmatically done.i cant find a way to do this can anybody help? ive tried to edit the signature templates but it doesnt change or alter it even after saving and re logging back into the forum?

all help greatfully recieved either by reply on here or by emailing me at: [email protected]
Heloo there

the 1st issue:
umm in case u wanna edit the existing ones, you will have to edit the language file, ./inc/languages/urlanguage/helpdoc.lang.php
now in case you are adding new things and they wont appear. then this is a known bug fix it here

sec issue:
You will have 1st to disallow users from uploading signatures, it can be done from the groups managment.
sec
for the existing users, in you phpmyadmin, run this code

UPDATE mybb_users set signature ='./urdirectory/img.jpg'

for the new users, we will have to edit the registration process
open ./member.php

find

"showcodebuttons" => 1,

below it add

"signature" => "./images/img.jpg",

regards
That signature code will not work. It will only provide the text of the path to the image.
thanks ill give that a try Smile
so how do i get round it then please?
ow sorry Toungue
i missed the images tags

replace the signature links with
[align=center ][img ]./images/img.jpg[/img ]
[/align ]

* i have made some spaces between the tags make sure to clear them

done blame me Shy at that time i had just woke upToungue even didn't wash my faceToungue

regards
Moving to general support.