MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can I merge old db with new in 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to merge an older db with the current to recover deleted posts?

In a fit of pique one of my members deleted his posts which has made a mess of a number of threads so I would like to merge a stored db from 2 weeks ago with the current db to restore those posts.

I am using MyBB 1.4.13 and the db is one that is automatically made from within the ACP not in my host cPanel

I am sorry but I am a complete novice with php mysql so any help will need to be in simple terms and hopefully I will be able to learn from that.

Thank you in advance for any help.
I have just upgraded to 1.6 if that makes any difference.

It went very quickly and smoothly BTW the only problem so far is the "who is on line" list has no spacing between names.
How many posts are we talking?? Will be slightly harder if one forum is now upgraded to 1.6.

If there's no spacing between names, make sure you've updated your language pack, particularly a non-English one if you have one installed.
(2010-08-19, 11:48 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]How many posts are we talking?? Will be slightly harder if one forum is now upgraded to 1.6.

If there's no spacing between names, make sure you've updated your language pack, particularly a non-English one if you have one installed.

maybe 30 at most and yes I had not thought the one with the posts is 1.4.13 and now it is 1.6 Sad

I have not updated the language pack although I only use Englishgb and the default English.

edit: the global.language.php was not being seen so I reuploaded from the upload folder in the upgrade to 1.6 into both English default and English (British) modded to 777 and that fixed my problem Smile thank you, at least one is solved.