MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding A Favicon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How can I properly add a fav icon for my MyBB forums running on version 1.6.

I've already made the favicon and I uploaded it to my root directory, saved as "favicon.ico".
That's all you need to do. All the major browsers will pick it up from the root automatically. Smile
(2010-08-18, 11:54 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]That's all you need to do. All the major browsers will pick it up from the root automatically. Smile

I'll have to speak to my webhost because they have some type of default favicon that overrides all other favicons.
Add this to you Templates >> Your Themes Template >> Ungrouped Templates >> headerinclude :

<link rel="icon" href="http://www.yoursite.com/favicon.ico" />

============================================================

Quote:I'll have to speak to my webhost because they have some type of default favicon that overrides all other favicons.

Your prob using a free host ?
(2010-08-18, 01:01 PM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]Add this to you Templates >> Your Themes Template >> Ungrouped Templates >> headerinclude :

<link rel="icon" href="http://www.yoursite.com/favicon.ico" />

============================================================

Quote:I'll have to speak to my webhost because they have some type of default favicon that overrides all other favicons.

Your prob using a free host ?

No lol, I pay $50 a month for my offshore webhost.
Damn 50 dollars? What does that include? A dedicated Toungue?
(2010-08-18, 01:46 PM)ray187 Wrote: [ -> ]Damn 50 dollars? What does that include? A dedicated Toungue?

It's a dedicated german server.
Ah then $50 is quite cheap Wink is it a company or private host?
(2010-08-19, 01:32 PM)ray187 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah then $50 is quite cheap Wink is it a company or private host?

Company, but the company hasn't launched yet. I've known the owner of the company for quite some time so he gave me a big discount.
Hi, is there any way to add a favicon or icon to a forum title?
Pages: 1 2