MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No new features, upgraded forum work well
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys I have upgraded to Mybb 1.6, ran upgrade process, all worked fine, configurated all plugins to work. Then I spot that new features hasn't been added. Like "index.php?module=config-thread_prefixes" or drag and drop feature for user permissions. Upgrade process added even lock file.

Strange.

[attachment=19464][attachment=19465][attachment=19466]

edit: I have upgraded from *.****
Then you've not uploaded the new files properly, they've not overwritten the old ones. Have you renamed your admin folder??
(2010-08-18, 08:24 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Then you've not uploaded the new files properly, they've not overwritten the old ones. Have you renamed your admin folder??

I had custom admin folder and I havent renamed it before upgrade. It still the same. I spotted that I got also "admin" folder right now in my mybb directory (come from mybb 1.6 files I guess). I checked it and there aswell I havent new fatures. Should I overwrite custom (old) admin directory with this which is currently named "admin" ??
Yes, obviously the new files need to overwrite the old ones. If you've got an admin folder there then the files haven't been overwritten. If they're not in there either, are you sure you're actually uploading 1.6...??
(2010-08-18, 08:30 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, obviously the new files need to overwrite the old ones. If you've got an admin folder there then the files haven't been overwritten. If they're not in there either, are you sure you're actually uploading 1.6...??

yes sure as I downloaded it with 1.6 release and my mybb keeps saying I'm running 1.6 I try to overwrite admin folder
Solved, it was so simple, sry for taking your time. I may been too overwhelmed and tired as I forgot to do it :[

//close
I dont have these new features, how did you solve it?

(Why dont people share solutions?)
(2010-08-19, 07:47 PM)Karlitosway Wrote: [ -> ]I dont have these new features, how did you solve it?

(Why dont people share solutions?)

Have you renamed the admin folder?

If so, make sure you've uploaded the 1.6 admin folders/files to that folder.
(2010-08-19, 07:47 PM)Karlitosway Wrote: [ -> ](Why dont people share solutions?)

The solution was what I posted above, files weren't uploaded properly.
(2010-08-19, 07:54 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Have you renamed the admin folder?

If so, make sure you've uploaded the 1.6 admin folders/files to that folder.
Nope, admin is admin same as always. Just so Im not making an adiot of myself, I do notice a difference in certain aspects of admin such as how I grant user / group permissions. Is there a specific new feature I can look for to know if all is well?

(2010-08-19, 08:03 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The solution was what I posted above, files weren't uploaded properly.
Sorry, the way the user posted it sounded like he had done some magic
So, what are you and what are you not seeing?? Have you got Thread Prefixes in the side menu in the Configuration section??
Pages: 1 2