MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wordpress MyBB Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this has been done to death, but I was wondering if there was a way that I could share or at least import my existing Wordpress site's users (I only care about copying over the users) to MyBB, a lot of my members have been asking when I'm going to add forums) I tried WordBB, but that plugin doesn't do what I need it to. I do know of the external database plugin, but again, I already have a user database. I would hate to force my users to re-register, or have to manually pair users every time they register on either part of the site. Any help at all would be appreciated.
WorddBB doesnt really work at at all.

Almost everyone wants a decent mybb/wordpress bridge that actually works.

I don't think one really exists yet. Maybe we should all team up and make one. Almost everyone wants one. Don't see why a one hasnt been created yet.
Nop really don't work, show an error.
this plugin you install on wp. It's easy install.

Mybb and wp have the same db, insert admin and pass of mybb and name of database
I couldn't get it to work either. If someone has an easy solution to integrate wordpress and mybb, please do share.
zingiri works fine.
I too am about to try working with MyBB & a WordPress integration using that plug-in(zingiri) on one of my blogs, I will update on how that works out. For those of you just looking for a simple integration, it's not hard to manually update the WP files to create a matching users in the forums db anytime a user registers on the WordPress blog, then just disable or link registering on your forums through WordPress. Of course you'd have to update your WP files every update, but it works until a plug-in/mod comes along if zingiri isn't working for you. Login/Logout would be separate, but like I say it's better than nothing if you just wish to integrate user accounts and registrations.