MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: subscription questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 part question......

1- how can I expand the amount of words the subscription email sends out?

for example..if it sends out 50 words, how can I change it to show 500 words in the email?

2- subscribing to a thread seems to be inconsistent in email alerts of new posts

for example....I subscribed to a thread on a forum I manage and got 1 email about a new reply and nothing since then even though there's been 4 posts after the initial email I got.
1. ACP > Configuration > Posting > Amount of Characters for Subscription Previews.

2. Did you visit the forum after the first email?? If you don't visit after the email you won't get more emails for that thread.
(2010-08-19, 11:43 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]1. ACP > Configuration > Posting > Amount of Characters for Subscription Previews.

2. Did you visit the forum after the first email?? If you don't visit after the email you won't get more emails for that thread.

Matt,

thanks.

I don't ever subscribe to threads, but is there a way to change it so they get emails whether or not they sign in to the forums?
It would need a file edit to remove the check for when they last visited. Reason it doesn't do that is because you could get sent hundreds and hundreds of emails if you subscribe to a few threads that get popular. Is it really necessary to get an email for every single reply?? Consider how many emails your server may have to be sending.
(2010-08-19, 08:08 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It would need a file edit to remove the check for when they last visited. Reason it doesn't do that is because you could get sent hundreds and hundreds of emails if you subscribe to a few threads that get popular. Is it really necessary to get an email for every single reply?? Consider how many emails your server may have to be sending.

to me, no. I don't even subscribe to threads on forums..few members on the forum I manage asked..I'll relay the message.