MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Plug IN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im quite new to this stuff and i want the Google SEO Plug In installed in a forum. I dont have the confidence to edit htaccess files etc and if i break something, frankly, i cant fix it Sad

Can anyone advice how much they will charge to install the mod for me? I also require advice on other available mods/plugins such as sitemaps and what to put in Robots,txt so as to avoid crawling certain forums. (Mod forum)

Thanks Smile
(2010-08-19, 08:53 AM)Snooks Wrote: [ -> ]I also require advice on other available mods/plugins such as sitemaps and what to put in Robots,txt so as to avoid crawling certain forums. (Mod forum)

Thanks Smile
As long as the Bot is set as a Guest, it shouldn't be able to Access anything a Guest can't.
So how do i ensure all bots are set as guests??

I want to make a mod forum, where they can discuss reported threads etc, but dont want to look in Google and one day find it has been indexed(LOL)
Bots are guests by default. So you don't have to do anything. Just don't give guests / members access to the subforum in question.

If in doubt, use Google Webmaster Tools, "Fetch as Googlebot" to try and see what Google sees when it tries to access one of the threads it's not supposed to be able to access. It should see a 404, or no permissions page.
A good suggestion Smile Thank you.