MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Internal Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2010-08-19, 10:51 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Where are you uploading that to?

You need to unzip the package before uploading the entire contents of the Upload folder to the forum root.

How do I unzip it?

I have been able to upload,CHMOD the numbers.

I have successfully overwrote the old files it says.But that is far as I could go.
Unzip it the same way you unzip anything else, you must have a zip extractor on your computer.
(2010-08-19, 10:51 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Where are you uploading that to?

You need to unzip the package before uploading the entire contents of the Upload folder to the forum root.

Ok I did that and ready to proceed.

But I do need to know that if I delete the already overwritten files of the old 1.4 with ZIPPED 1.6.Would that also erase the old 1.4 forum files too?

If not I can start over this time with Unzipped 1.6 and go through the process from the start.

Thank you for your time on this.
You need to upload the unzipped 1.6 files to overwrite the 1.4 files.
(2010-08-20, 12:42 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]You need to upload the unzipped 1.6 files to overwrite the 1.4 files.

Yes I understand that now.It appears the the difference was in the UNZIPPING part that I left out.

The only concern I have is this:

Quote:But I do need to know that if I delete the already overwritten files of the old 1.4 with ZIPPED 1.6.Would that also erase the old 1.4 forum files too?
You don't need to delete anything, just upload the 1.6 files to overwrite the 1.4 files.

Your old 1.4 files will be overwritten, so they'll no longer exist.
(2010-08-20, 12:49 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to delete anything, just upload the 1.6 files to overwrite the 1.4 files.

Your old 1.4 files will be overwritten, so they'll no longer exist.

Ok.

I will do it that way.

Thank you for your patience in all this.

Smile
I was able to change the forum to the 1.6 version.

For a time I was able to log into the forum and even log into the ACP.But now this popped up,when I tried to log into the forum an hour later:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT uid,username,password,salt,loginkey,remember,passwordconvert,passwordconverttype FROM mybb_users WHERE username='sunsettommy' LIMIT 1

What caused this to suddenly show up?

I have been advised that I have to merge 1.4 with 1.6.But password merge plug in is activated,when I was able to log into the ACP.Could it be because it is not compliant for 1.6?

But is that going to make a difference?

Meanwhile one of my administrators can still log in and everything.
I was able to change the forum to the 1.6 version.

Pages: 1 2