MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site not loading or loading slowly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been having multiple problems with my site not loading for members, or loading slowly. A member got this error message this morning:
"Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time. "

Other members have complained about it just loading and loading and never coming up. This morning I experienced some of the same problems and couldn't even log into my admin control panel.

I have another member on a mac with a 3G/4G wireless device that when he goes to the website the index page will pop up once and then it will just be a blank screen when he clicks on something. Then when he tries to retype the url and go back to the main index page, it just loads and loads and never somes up.

Any advice? I have contacte my host to see if it's something on their end. I am with JustHost and my url is texasgundogclub.com
It's more than likely an issue with your host, not MyBB.

It's loading perfectly for me though. Smile
Here is what my host said to do:

Hi Daniel,

I have just checked yoru site via different browsers and different IISPs and
that appeared to me in few seconds, please check the connection to yoru site
from different locations here: http://alertra.com/spotcheck_do.php

There may be the connectivity problems from your end, please run the following
commands in your command prompt and show me the results:
1) For Windows:
tracert "domain name"
telnet "domain name" 21
2) For Mac:
traceroute "domain name"
telnet "domain name" 21
For Windows machines the command prompt is at "Start -> Run", then
type "cmd" and hit enter, then type the command above(below "ForWindows")
and show its results to us. For Mac machines its under "Applications->Terminals",
just run the second command (below "For Mac") and show its results to us.
It allows to check your connection to the server.
Also please show me your WAN IP address:
http://mywanip.com
It's necessary to check if your IP address wasn't blocked on the server
Looking forward to your reply
Thank you.
--
My question is, If it's been working fine for me from this computer, why all of a sudden should I have to try all this stuff? Very frustrating!
Not sure. But it loads fine here too.
Still having complaints from some members. Can someone please help me out on what settings I should set to have my forum running at optimum speed and efficiency?
No MyBB settings would cause this problem, MyBB runs fast straight away, it's when you have lots of plugins and high activity on a small server when things start to slow down. If it's not fast for you, and you're getting these network issues, it's your host.
(2010-08-22, 11:12 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No MyBB settings would cause this problem, MyBB runs fast straight away, it's when you have lots of plugins and high activity on a small server when things start to slow down. If it's not fast for you, and you're getting these network issues, it's your host.

I only have one plugin. Do you guys know anything about justhost?

I turned Gzip off to see if that would help with some members issues and now it takes like 15 minutes to get into ACP.I am so sick of all these problems with mybb. I don't know what to do anymore. Random issues popping up every week. It can't just be my host.
Trust me, if a page is taking 15 minutes to load, it's not MyBB at fault, and a network error certainly isn't MyBB's fault. It works just fine for everybody else, nobody else has said it takes 15 minutes to load the ACP. Change hosts and see how it is then.
Well this is the first time it's taken 15 minutes to load for me but I turned Gzip off at home this weekend and now on my work computer it's been trying to access the ACP for about 25 minutes now. Just more random issues, again. I paid over $150 for a year of hosting just a few months ago, I would hate to switch hosts and waste all that money. I can't even recount all the random issues I've had at this point. What if I switch hosts and the problems still persist? I really like Mybb and want this to work out especially since I have countless hours invested already. I just wish there was a way for someone to check things out thoroughly for me and tell me exactly what the problems are.
Pages: 1 2