MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [IMG] issues?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I use [img][/img] in a post and all will be just fine for a few days, or maybe even minutes then suddenly I'm left with this when viewing my post.

[Image: picture.jpg]

No longer is it showing the picture, just that bit of text.. This is so random and seems to either take place moments after imbedding an image into a post or much further down the road.

Is there any reasons why this should be happening?

MyBB 1.6
That usually happens when the image isn't available. Can you view those images directly?
(2010-08-19, 04:12 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]That usually happens when the image isn't available. Can you view those images directly?

That's what I had thought as well but I am looking at the image I linked too originally when I posted it (same link) and I can view it fine on it's own.
Try posting it here, the host may have stopped the image being viewed externally. I forget the proper name for that. Smile
(2010-08-19, 04:22 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Try posting it here, the host may have stopped the image being viewed externally. I forget the proper name for that. Smile

[Image: north-korea-is-best-korea.jpg]

I just checked it recently on my forums and now it's working again, this is what I'm talking about, it seems to come and go and is peppered throughout my forums with various images.
(2010-08-19, 04:39 PM)intenso Wrote: [ -> ]I just checked it recently on my forums and now it's working again, this is what I'm talking about, it seems to come and go and is peppered throughout my forums with various images.
If that's the case you should contact your webhost about it. I don't think it's a problem with MyBB. If they for some reason refuse it or say it's your fault, just go away, there are some great hosts out there.

It seems to be an issue with the source image rather than the OP's hosting, I get the same with that image on my forum and it's not displaying here either.

Are all the images that do this from the same site or various sites?
I'm betting that the image is blocked from hot linking. And it shows after you've visited it directly until it is removed from your cache.
(2010-08-19, 04:52 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]hot linking

That's the word I was looking for. And yes it's showing here now that I've visited the image directly, so that seems to be the problem.
Thanks everyone Smile I'm going to move the image to another host and see if it's doing the same thing. What you have suggested is very logical and I appreciate your help very much Smile
Pages: 1 2