MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Suggestion] User-Submitted Tutorials
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently, people wanting to put a tutorial in the Tutorials forum have to post their thread in any forum, then report their post.

Since 1.6 includes the private forum feature, how about creating a "Submit your Tutorial!" forum, so members can submit their thread for approval, instead of just creating anywhere?
Same issue really, it has to be moved. At least the current way, it gets exposure from the time its posted.
True, but at least you're not having to post your thread in any random forum, then report it. At least the staff will be able to say "Make an improvement here and there, remove this part" before putting it up straight away.

Or, allow threads to be made in the forum, but you would need your thread to be approved before it will appear.
Only time i can remember that personally, is once actually. :p. I believe it was Matt saying it is the almost exact tut as another.
Surely it would make more sense just to allow people to post in the tutorials forum but have new threads moderated, i.e. needing to be approved. The same system as they use for plugins and themes.
(2010-08-19, 07:57 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Surely it would make more sense just to allow people to post in the tutorials forum but have new threads moderated, i.e. needing to be approved. The same system as they use for plugins and themes.

I thought that's already how it worked o.o
(2010-08-19, 08:05 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]I thought that's already how it worked o.o

Apparently not, I just tried and got the no permissions error. Smile
I suggested in the staff forum a while ago to either do that or have a subforum in there to post submissions, can't remember if there was much response to it though.
(2010-08-19, 08:05 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]I thought that's already how it worked o.o
Currently, people have to post their tutorial in any random forum on here, then report their post for it to be moved to the tut's forum. Smile
You can still just post it there and await approval, though idk how often it's checked. Might be quicker idk.