MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Beta] Facebook Style Profile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi All,

Spent quite a long time modding up my forum profiles tonight to have a facebook flavour about them. It integrates with the "Profile Comments" mod to provide a facebook style "wall"...

You can view the outcome here:
http://www.teenfront.co.uk/forums/user-1.html

As you can see, quite a lot of changes.... looks great when filled up with comments on the "wall".

Working tabs seperate the profile info, wall etc - which is nice lol.

Logged in screenshot attached.

Love to hear your thoughts on this profile tweak - If its liked, il do my best to release it for others to use.
This is actually pretty cool, nice job!
It's Fantastic. Will be nice if the Friends also appear (This is possible with a plugin) and also, in the "Wall" tab is possible to use the "profile comments" plugin?
The "wall" tab already uses the profile comments plugin with a total template rewrite of the plugin.

Yes, im installing the profile buddies plugin tonight and il integrate this into the facebook flavour design and let you know how it goes Smile
Right..

What a nightmare that was.. the profile buddies plugin is pretty much rewritten lol. Anyways, looks great now.

http://www.teenfront.co.uk/forums/user-1.html

What's everyones thoughts?
I have re-posted this in plugins section as it uses two plugins and many changes. I also plan to release it a its own plugin.
I see it in the other post and with the friends looks very nice Big Grin
wow thats awesome, i want it!! Smile
man, you rock!
I want to know everything about your site!
what engine it uses? wordpress? what plugins?
I want to build something similar!
Something looks off about it. It doesn't really have the level of polish that Facebook's design does. Still, there's promise here.
(2010-09-10, 04:16 AM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]man, you rock!
I want to know everything about your site!
what engine it uses? wordpress? what plugins?
I want to build something similar!

Hey mate,

It's a totally custom engine backed by mybb. I'm glad you like it.
Are you still planning on releasing the edits?
Pages: 1 2 3