MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't edit posts [Admin]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the same problem:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-76233-p...#pid558901

Quote:Hello at first i had Deleted and Edit post option on my site am admin there btw now certinaly from many days even i can't edit even my own posts and delete posts please any help?

And the issue is, I am not the board owner, I am being hired to maintain the forum. I am not in anyway related to hacking. Please tell me asap what to do Undecided

I am in big trouble rite now. I contacted a support staff member and he said, don't bother pm'ing him he will add me to his ignore list Sad While he himself posted on the thread to pm him.

Anywys, please help me sort this problem out.
Most support staff do not want to be PM'd for support, otherwise this forum would be a waste of time.

Anyway, does your forum run any kind of Mod Editing Restrictive plugins?? What MyBB Version are you running?
(2010-08-20, 07:34 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]Most support staff do not want to be PM'd for support, otherwise this forum would be a waste of time.

Anyway, does your forum run any kind of Mod Editing Restrictive plugins?? What MyBB Version are you running?

I am using plugins for:

Restricting member's [certain group] to access threads. I am using two plugins, one for guests and other for registered user's. I am not using any mod editing or restrictive plugin. I am using mybb 1.6
Then I don't know what the problem is. Are you trying to edit the post(s) of the owner?
(2010-08-20, 07:41 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]Then I don't know what the problem is. Are you trying to edit the post(s) of the owner?

I am the admin, I am unable to edit my own or any other user's post. The editing options are not displayed on the forum anymore.
Does your usergroup have editing permissions? What actually appears when you try to edit a post?

If the editing options don't appear, then you either can't edit posts or the feature was turned off.
(2010-08-20, 07:44 PM)-sam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-20, 07:41 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]Then I don't know what the problem is. Are you trying to edit the post(s) of the owner?

I am the admin, I am unable to edit my own or any other user's post. The editing options are not displayed on the forum anymore.

Try reverting the postbit and postbit_classic templates and check the settings for your usergroup.
(2010-08-20, 07:47 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-20, 07:44 PM)-sam Wrote: [ -> ]

Try reverting the postbit and postbit_classic templates and check the settings for your usergroup.

postbit and postbit_classic are normal already, postbit_classic was green I reverted it back to default.

I checked the permissions for the group admins, and also the member's. It looks fine.
Check the permissions for individual forums too.

If you want me to have a poke around PM me admin login info. Smile
(2010-08-20, 07:59 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Check the permissions for individual forums too.

If you want me to have a poke around PM me admin login info. Smile

Pm'ed you the info..
Thanks AJS Smile