MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disabling Invisibility feature in UserCP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is this in the admin control panel where for say, the average users you can make it so they cannot select the invisibility option?

Here come da big AJS Big Grin
I, too was wondering this. Hmm..I don't think it's a feature if it's not just me that can't find it.
I as far as I can tell there is no setting that enables/disables that feature. So guess there is no way to restrain users from becoming invisible unless you write a plugin.

~Regards
There's no setting for it.

You can remove the option by editing the templates though.

In usercp_options find and delete:
<fieldset class="trow2">
<legend><strong>{$lang->login_cookies_privacy}</strong></legend>
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="invisible" id="invisible" value="1" {$invisiblecheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="invisible">{$lang->invisible_mode}</label></span></td>
</tr>
</table>
</fieldset>
<br />

In member_register find and delete:
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="invisible" id="invisible" value="1" {$invisiblecheck} /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="invisible">{$lang->invisible_mode}</label></span></td>
</tr>

If you have users already set to invisible you'll need to run a SQL query to change their settings too.

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `invisible` = '0' WHERE `invisible` = '1'

I think this should be an option in the ACP though, no arguments this time. :p
How to run an sql query to change the options and where?

Yeah surprised that control over user features or even individual user options or group options am surprised that wasn't added too.
To run the SQL query, go to phpMyAdmin in your cPanel.

Click the SQL tab and copy&paste the query in my previous post into the box and submit it. Smile