MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PC-BSD or DragonFly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have my machine and a spare smaller harddrive, which i want to put linux on. But then i said, you know, i have Gentoo running now, so i don't really have any other desires. So i want to throw up a Unix.

I narrowed it down to these two, and past that i'm not sure what to do.
Why not one of the Gentoo BSDs?
(2010-08-21, 03:37 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Why not one of the Gentoo BSDs?

Already have Gentoo, why have the same vision, but different platform. Thats like saying, i want windows, but with a linux base. Plus i want a UI installer Toungue
Two votes PC-BSD, anyone care to say why its better or anything?
PC-BSD Is easy and keeping itself Up to date Toungue You can use it for a Personal Comupter and you will be fine with it Toungue have many features you can check at http://pcbsd.org Smile
I've enjoyed PC-BSD actually. Pretty simple to use and operate and a nifty package system to install apps.
(2011-07-09, 07:14 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I've enjoyed PC-BSD actually. Pretty simple to use and operate and a nifty package system to install apps.

I moved away for speed issues, i could boot windows vista faster sadly. Maybe my next build.