MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question about merging (Upgrading to from 1.4 to 1.6)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, but I just have a quick question.

What would be the best way to upgrade from 1.4->1.6? I looked on the Wiki, but probably overlooked something =/ Also, if I don't go the route of replacing the files then running the upgrade script, would I be able to import my 1.4 forums to a fresh install? If so, would this cause any problems?
This belongs in the general support section. Do not "merge" a 1.4.x forum to 1.6 in order to upgrade. Please use the official upgrade scripts.

Moved, & Edited title to reflect true intent of post.
You've been here 3 years, yet you still don't know how to upgrade?
(2010-08-21, 09:42 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]You've been here 3 years, yet you still don't know how to upgrade?

I have never actually upgraded, I always used a script that my friend made. Dodgy Unfortunately, he no longer maintains it and I can't access it. So yes, I've been here 3 years and never upgraded a forum.

(2010-08-21, 09:45 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Follow the Wiki - http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Upgrading Smile

Thanks Big Grin I couldn't find it because of a bug in an add-on I had installed added weird characters to input fields :/