MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: install/update page is blank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am trying to upgrade my 1.4.11 forum to the 1.6. I have followed the updating instructions but when I try to access the '/install/upgrade.php' page all I get is a blank page.

I have changed the CHMOD setting and cannot think why it would not work. Might it be something to do with how I uploaded the new files? I uploaded them into a new file (leaving the previous forum alone). When this did not work I removed my previous forum from the web.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do?

Many thanks,
Will1329
Do you have a backup of the files you removed?

If not, you've lost any custom files, themes, images, plugins etc you had on your 1.4 forum.

The 1.6 files need to be where your 1.4 files were, move them to that location and try again. Smile
I've got a back up copy.

I placed the new forum where the old one was but am still having the same problem. The page: http://www.stanmer.org.uk/Forum/install/upgrade.php
is blank. I can get to the install page though.

I am tempted to reinstall the forum (I assume this will clear posts, members etc.) as there wasn't much on there yet.

Not really sure what you've done here, seems you've messed something up somewhere.

PM me login details for an admin account to the forum and an FTP account if you want me to take a better look, otherwise it might be easier to just do a fresh install of 1.6 if you've not got much to lose. Smile