MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit a guest plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone edit the hideyourlinks plugins so after members register they need 10 post before they can see links? That would be great if you guys could do that. Please let me know.
Dunno how that plugin works but why don't you use Group Promotions to move user from denied usergroup to another which has permissions to see links after writing 10 posts (I hope the plugin gives an ability to choose usergroups)?
I might be able to tweak it, let me look at it.
(2010-08-21, 07:35 PM)marines Wrote: [ -> ]Dunno how that plugin works but why don't you use Group Promotions to move user from denied usergroup to another which has permissions to see links after writing 10 posts (I hope the plugin gives an ability to choose usergroups)?

Where in the admin panel it asks if users can see links or not?
(2010-08-22, 05:22 PM)jani Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-21, 07:35 PM)marines Wrote: [ -> ]Dunno how that plugin works but why don't you use Group Promotions to move user from denied usergroup to another which has permissions to see links after writing 10 posts (I hope the plugin gives an ability to choose usergroups)?

Where in the admin panel it asks if users can see links or not?

It is not an acp setting. Unless you install a plugin. Coding it right now Smile
If you want it to get as soon as it created, please visit http://forum.mybbplugins.net/ as I'm now going to code it. Cool
(2010-08-21, 07:32 PM)Th3SiNz Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone edit the hideyourlinks plugins

I guess you're talking about this plugin.

If so change 108 line of the code:
if($mybb->user['usergroup'] == "1")
to
if(in_array($mybb->user['usergroup'], array("1", "2")))
It will hide links to every guest and every registered user.

Then go to ACP and create special usergroup which will be able to view links in posts (you can name it also "Registered"). Go to "Group Promotions" and add new promotion where. Usergroup is default Registered group, new usergroup (which user has to be moved to) is your new "Registered" usergroup you just created. Set promotion to apply when user reaches 10 posts. And that's all (probably you will have to run promotion task to give current users new group).

After registering user will not be able to see links. When he write 10th post he will be moved to other group and then the user will see all links.

Write here if it works as you wish.
Nice, if(in_array($mybb->user['usergroup'], array("1", "2"))) works. BUT, ACTIVATE WAITING Registered users can see links.
if(in_array($mybb->user['usergroup'], array("1", "2", "5")))