MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems with fonts (Linux)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi friends, I am browsing and I think Ubuntu settle here and remove Windows completely, because is not use Ubuntu - Linux and edit my whole MyBB.

But I have a problem with views to the type of letters, not whether it is because in Windows using Microsoft sources that I have not even in Ubuntu, but not if it is the browser, and look as I now see my MyBB:

[Image: 5018vo.png]

I hope you can help me, is the only thing that stops me and bothers me to continue editing, not just MyBB, but also other websites or forums.

Thanks.
What's your problem? It's Ubuntu's issue? You want Windows fonts? Install msttcorefonts. Otherwise why do you write in General Support?
And I would like to originally saw here ...

http://mods.mybb.com/uploads/previews/19...tled-1.png

Thank you very much, I hope your help.
URL would be much more helpful than screenshot. Wink Anyway did you install msttcorefonts?
(2010-08-22, 09:49 PM)marines Wrote: [ -> ]What's your problem? It's Ubuntu's issue? You want Windows fonts? Install msttcorefonts. Otherwise why do you write in General Support?

Well, in Linux so I displayed. And I think my problem should go in "General Discussion" because I could not find a suitable area that has to do with fonts, if I'm wrong, sorry.

And if it's not the sources of microsoft, I just want to know I can change or install to my style or MyBB displayed with its original source.

Thank you.
You need to install Microsoft Windows fonts (msttcorefonts package) on Ubuntu to display your board correctly. You can also add another font family to your CSS styles like "sans-serif".

I can't understand you almost at all.
(2010-08-22, 10:01 PM)marines Wrote: [ -> ]You need to install Microsoft Windows fonts (msttcorefonts package) on Ubuntu to display your board correctly. You can also add another font family to your CSS styles like "sans-serif".

I can't understand you almost at all.

Ready!, just install the fonts. But even as I still see the forum, with the same font.

Do I have to modify or change anything?

I hope your help and answers. Thanks again.

Note: Ando using a translator, my tongue is Spanish lol! sorry for bad translations, is all I can do.
ACP -> Styles -> your style -> global.css

Find:
font-family: "Tahoma";
and replace it with:
font-family: "Tahoma", sans-serif;

//edit
lol, there is Spanish forum here. ;D
(2010-08-22, 10:19 PM)marines Wrote: [ -> ]ACP -> Styles -> your style -> global.css

Find:
font-family: "Tahoma";
and replace it with:
font-family: "Tahoma", sans-serif;

//edit
lol, there is Spanish forum here. ;D

Lol! I did not know what the Spanish forum, thank you, now if I save time and misunderstandings hehe!

I did what you said and still remains the same, and the only question I would not change the source of the page, but I view both MyBB other styles or the original source websites that are made.

I read a strange source, install the package already, and still the same.

I hope your answer and excuse the abuse for posting here.

Ok, I installed it and works great, but I did the font "Tahoma", was the only one that is used on most websites and forums.

But now comes out bold, all you have "Tahoma". Do they know why?

Thank you.