MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can be improved the Template System????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB have yours Templates in SQL, the which is great, but still the Template System can be improved??, I think than the answer is "yes", but I would like know What things will be done about of this?

Many Thanks Big Grin
I don't believe the current template system supports conditionals or loop constructs. Might be kind of nice to be able to directly nest templates instead of doing that in the PHP side of things.

Oh, I would love to have the templates in actual files instead of the database. I'd like to edit them outside the admin cp.
laie_techie Wrote:I don't believe the current template system supports conditionals or loop constructs. Might be kind of nice to be able to directly nest templates instead of doing that in the PHP side of things.

Oh, I would love to have the templates in actual files instead of the database. I'd like to edit them outside the admin cp.

Sorry, I discord with you

The best way to get template is with SQL, have the best performance

And for other reazons not is so good idea put PHP into templates, but using some seem be as BBCODE, for example a conditional as follow:

[IF $MIVARIABLE=0] <a href="..">..</a> [ELSE] <a href="..">..</a>[/IF]

The only way to improve the Template System is reducing the number of queries in the Table Templates and improving the Caching
There is only one query per page.

I urge you to search before posting as this has been covered many times before.
Chris Boulton Wrote:There is only one query per page.

I urge you to search before posting as this has been covered many times before.

But just doing the query one time when is changed the template, this mybb is doing currently?

Sorry if I bother you