MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Side ads for Apart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I'm trying to place 120px width ads in Apart theme (left and right). Can someone help me how to do that?

P.S Picture of what i'm trying:
[attachment=19540]
You might try putting them in the header. Just tack them on at the end:

<div class="float_left">
<!-- Left ad code -->
</div>
<div class="float_right">
<!-- Right ad code -->
</div>

Note that this is completely untested so I don't know how well it works. It's worth a try, though.
(2010-08-23, 04:20 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]You might try putting them in the header. Just tack them on at the end:

Header end was not the place, but below <div id="content"> maby right?

Below <div id="content"> (header):
<div class="left_ad">Leftad</div>
<div class="right_ad">Rightad</div>

And global css:
.left_ad {
	width: 120px;
	float: left;
	height: 600px;
	border: 1px solid black;
}

.right_ad {
	width: 120px;
	float: right;
	height: 600px;
	border: 1px solid black;
}

Ad's are in correct places but middle div wrapper drops down. Image below.
[attachment=19550]
Try moving it above the content div.
(2010-08-23, 05:18 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Try moving it above the content div.

Noup, same thing, middle wrapper drops down, just like in the picture.
Lower the width px and try a absolute position.
Try putting the three them in tables encompassed in a container table. I know it sounds a bit outdated putting non-tabular content in tables but that's the only way I've found something like you have there work without breaking the layout.
(2010-08-23, 05:52 PM)Sukanjan.K Wrote: [ -> ]Lower the width px and try a absolute position.

Did not work.

(2010-08-23, 05:54 PM)Ferron Wrote: [ -> ]Try putting the three them in tables encompassed in a container table. I know it sounds a bit outdated putting non-tabular content in tables but that's the only way I've found something like you have there work without breaking the layout.

Can you give me example of this method?
i just add a table, tr, td, left content, /td, td to the end of header template

and

/td, td, right content, /td, /tr, /table to the top of the footer template.

just specify the proper width for the two new columns and you are all set. this at least will not break the layout in most case
The problem is that there's a <br class="clear" /> somewhere in the header that pushes the rest of the page below the ads. I was hoping that putting the ads at the end of the header would put them past that <br />.
Pages: 1 2