MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: File Verification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering how do I correct this problem. I just installed Mybb on my host yesterday and everything works, but the Version update won't work and I see this.

[Image: pwo-1282577862-U5699.jpg]
Your server has a problem with outgoing connections. Nothing we can do about it.
Correct, it needs cURL which your host doesn't allow.
should MyBB at least check if CURL is available first and offer a cleaner error message than a standard PHP dump if it is not enabled?
I have cURL enabled on my server, this feature used to work for me also but in the last day or so it has failed to work, which is why i think the problem is at mybb's end. (I dont get the php errors , just the please try again later error)
(2010-08-23, 04:40 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]should MyBB at least check if CURL is available first and offer a cleaner error message than a standard PHP dump if it is not enabled?

You could submit it as a bug report; the same happens if phpinfo() is disabled too.

(2010-08-23, 04:42 PM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]I have cURL enabled on my server, this feature used to work for me also but in the last day or so it has failed to work, which is why i think the problem is at mybb's end. (I dont get the php errors , just the please try again later error)

Works OK for me.