MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What do you think of this domain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm going to open a forum for web developer's, and wants to hear your opinion on the domain I currently have in my mind. I've written to the owner of Omnidev.net, and currently waiting for an answer (I don't even know if he's still checking his mail from the whois).

So what do you think?
Should I wait for a possible reply, where he probably would charge a steep price, or go with OmniDev.org?

Thank you for your time Smile
Both really. The more you own the better
But, you think I could start off with a .org? Is it reasonable?
My domain is a .org. Waiting till the bast with the .net expires...
Generally, I'm a bigger fan of .org than .net. Personally, I think .com > .org > .net
(2010-08-23, 06:25 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Generally, I'm a bigger fan of .org than .net. Personally, I think .com > .org > .net

I like .net the most tbh.
.net > .com > .org
I use them how they are meant to be. .com for any normal website, .net for a network, and .org for something free.
(2010-08-23, 08:24 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]I use them how they are meant to be. .com for any normal website, .net for a network, and .org for something free.

Org is actually organizations. Net at one point was reserved for ISPS i think.
My rule is as ling as the name blends with the extension, I grab it. I don't give a toss about preference.
(2010-08-24, 02:27 PM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]My rule is as ling as the name blends with the extension, I grab it. I don't give a toss about preference.

Lol

I just checked and hotdev.net is available, what do you think of that?