MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Phrase Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I merged the two threads that Augustino made about the phrase manager.

Right now it shows all the language variables from one file. For example, you can select to edit messages.lang.php, and it would list all the variables in that page for you to edit.
Would it be possible to include the English copy of the file as well as the one being worked on? This would better show what each entry is used for. I suggest a 3 column table: key, English, the other language.
Already part of the original phrase manager, however, in a different layout.
Hi Dennis

Well, I am thinking in SQL, because have the phrases in an include as array, then load all the phrases in each page, the which have a poor performance

But, for example, have a Table in SQL, the which would have as columns

ID (AutoIncrement)
VARNAME
TEXT
LANGUAGE
PHRASEGROUP

In other table can be need define which are the PHRASEGROUPS, then each PHRASEGROUP can be save in an array, and in each page would invocate, the PHRASEGROUP, needed

Possibly can need have other table with the languages installed

What you think about of this?
Loading them from MySQL is slower than loading them from the file system.

There would be two ways to implement it using MySQL.

1. Load all language phrases for the script at the beginning of the script - which is basically what we do, but we load them from files.

2. Query one each time it is used - just plain stupid.
Augustino, we already break up the phrases into groups (one group per file). Each page only includes the phrase group(s) it needs.
Pages: 1 2