MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to compile PHP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Most of you guys probably know me as the person that runs php on his phone, for those that don't, i am the person that runs apache,php and mysql on his phone.

Current specification is:
PHP 5.2.2
Apache 2.2.4
MySQL 5.0.0.67

This whole stack was ported to Symbian(a mobile platform) called PAMP. It is open source. So i wanted to update php to the latest. I downloaded a copy of PHP 5.2.14 and with no primary compiling i did this:
Since i really do not know how to port it, i did the smartest thing at hand. I opened Notepad++ and searched in php 5.2.2 that was ported to symbian for every file that had the string symbian, and applied the necessary code changes to php 5.2.14, but when i started compiling i got many, many errors.

So i thought, do i have to compile php for windows beforehand and have it generate all necessary files or something? Basically i need you guys to help me compile PHP the right way so i can port it properly.

Thanks in advance and a big biiiig "please" Wink
So PAMP is basically WAMP for mobile?

You'd better ask the PAMP devs how they compiled PHP, im guessing it was a custom compile Smile
Well, PAMP is kind of stopped and the people that compiled it are not really active in the forums, so i have to do it myself
Well, first off, your methodology is wrong.

Methods (Linux version, and you'll probably HAVE to compile under Linux to make it target Symbian):
Take stock PHP 5.2.2 and stock PHP 5.2.14
Now Diff them with 5.2.2's src dir as the "oldsrc" and 5.2.14's src as "newsrc"
->diff -BENbdpru oldsrc newsrc > php.diff
Now using the Patch command, patch your diff into the Symbian 5.2.2 (a working copy separate from your stock copy)
Copy the php.diff file into your working Sym5.2.2 folder. The run:
->patch < php.diff
If this FAILS, you'll need to handpatch. Erase your working copy and replace it with a fresh one. Then handpatch, sometimes you may even need to change a little of the stuff you have to patch in to account for differences between the versions made to accommodate Symbian.

This is a fairly detailed process, and should really be done by someone who has the knowledge.
Erm, no i am a strict Windows user, Windows 7 actually. I use ExamDiff Pro to compare the directories for files that are missing, are different etc. And yes, i have hand-patched the files, but i still got errors...so i thought maybe i am missing something...lol i even failed to compile php for windows even though i have set-up the environment
And no, i neednt linux to compile it, i actually don't think there is a way to compile it under linux anyway(at least for symbian)
Yeah but isn't symbian based off Linux? Thus you'll need to compile via Linux.
Well, no. The tools provided from Nokia are for Windows, so....unless you use WINE or something i don't see how.
So basically there is no way to compile this under linux which means it was compiled under windows.

I have setup my environment perfectly for now as not many users do and they get a lot of errors. Compiling PAMP isn't an easy task as it couldn't be compiled under normal circumstances
So nokia made PAMP? I'm confused. What "tools" did they supply?
Well yeah, nokia DID make PAMP, but no longer updates it. The only tools they supply is the IDE and SDK, unfortunately the compiler used isn't, so you must get it yourself
Why won't you just write here the errors? It will be easier to tell you what's wrong. Wink
Pages: 1 2