MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Email Function Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive been trying to get email function on my forum to work without any luck. Ive contacted my host , entered the correct info (Im using SMPT) settings. They have run tests and all is good from their end. Ive set up a 1.4 forum just to test it and its working perfectly. Ive also tested it on another 1.6 problem , so maybe some files have been uploaded incorrectly.

I see some other have reported this aswell. What files should we re-upload or what should we do ?
Are we talking about activation emails or just emailing members in general?
Both, the forum says that the emails are sent but i never receive them.
You have cpanel? I assume so.

Go to your cpanel front page, click on webmail. it will then give you a few programs you can view your mail with. I use Horde.

You will then see "failed delivery receipts", or whatever they are called. Anyway, they should provide you with the reason why the mails are failing.

If you still have trouble, post the error message here.
This is the error message in my system mail log (Im using SMTP settings and there configured correctly , there working on another test board):

Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details.<br /><br />0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution

I've the same problem here