MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Only 1 Thread?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I've converted my SMF 1.1 db using the mybb conversion tool - but found to my shock during the conversion process that only 1 thread is detected.

although thousands of posts are later converted, only 1 thread out of several thousand and 134 posts are available in the converted forum.

I wonder if this is something that has happened before, or if anyone knows how i might fix this?

thanks
Christian
Very odd, link to the two forums, before and after?
(2010-08-24, 02:11 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Very odd, link to the two forums, before and after?

Hi AJS:

www.cmcawley.co.uk/smf1111
www.cmcawley.co.uk/mybb

now the first thing you will notice in the first link is that posts cannot be read, but the threads are listed. I'm currently having a bit of an issue with SMF and have been told 100% certain that the database isn't corrupt.

converting to mybb is partially me confirming this, as well as hopefully putting the nightmare of smf behind me.

im totally open to the possibility that the source db is damaged - however i would also like to know why i can see a thread in mybb that isn't currently visible in smf.

incid
The MyBB Merge System can only work with forum software where the database schema hasn't been modified. That's probably your problem here. Do you have anything that is changing the database schema on your SMF installation from the default?
Did you run the rebuild counters after converting??
If so, then you have a modified DB Schema.
(2010-08-26, 12:31 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]...then you have a modified DB Schema.

Thanks for repeating exactly what Ryan said over 12 hours later. Smile