MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi
when i change my password in admin control panel i can login admin control panel but i cant login to my forum ? Exclamation
i try to solve this problem but i cant ! please help meeeeeeeeeeeUndecided
When you install MyBB, you have one password on the site and ACP but then you can have a password for ACP and another one to login into the forum. That means If you chenged your password in ACP ,forum password doesn't changed. If you want to have same password you should change your password in the site,too.
I used a plugin.
(2010-08-24, 06:24 PM)Leon.P Wrote: [ -> ]When you install MyBB, you have one password on the site and ACP but then you can have a password for ACP and another one to login into the forum. That means If you chenged your password in ACP ,forum password doesn't changed. If you want to have same password you should change your password in the site,too.

Are you sure about this ?
(2010-08-24, 06:24 PM)Leon.P Wrote: [ -> ]When you install MyBB, you have one password on the site and ACP but then you can have a password for ACP and another one to login into the forum. That means If you chenged your password in ACP ,forum password doesn't changed. If you want to have same password you should change your password in the site,too.

Pretty sure that's not the case. Dodgy

OP, can you try resetting the password through the forum (forgotten password link) and see if you have the same problem?
it's not true . when i cant login with my older password in the site ! but i can login control panel with new password !
(2010-08-24, 06:43 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]

Pretty sure that's not the case. Dodgy

OP, can you try resetting the password through the forum (forgotten password link) and see if you have the same problem?

Ah sorry. I used a plugin for that.trashed.
guys , i rest my pass but this problem is not solved .
i can login my acp but i cant login my forum !
HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any one cant help me in this ?
You could create an Account in the ACP and then put it in the admin group. I believe to edit the main admin account you need to add that name to the super administrators list. I can't remember where that is offhand. While it isn't the exact solution, it could at least be a temporary fix.
Does it give you an incorrect password error?
What plugins do you have running?
(2010-08-25, 02:07 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Does it give you an incorrect password error?
What plugins do you have running?

yes , it gave me an incorrect password answer ! but in ACP it work !
Pages: 1 2