MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't get on my board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to access my board I get this message:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
126 - Incorrect key file for table './a6322767_LC/mybb_sessions.MYI'; try to repair it
Query:
DELETE FROM mybb_sessions WHERE ip='xx.xxx.xxx.xxx' (x's are there to erase the actual ip)

How can I go about and fix this?
Run this is phpMyAdmin:

REPAIR TABLE `mybb_sessions`;
I access that from my host right?
Yes, go to your cpanel, and it will be in the lower half.
Yeah, in your cPanel, find phpMyAdmin then go to your forums database, click the SQL tab and run the query there. Smile
I'm geting this but I don't really understand it

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_H,ad7fytmbxHH8wnXD3NMawKzf1, O_RDWR) failed: Read-only file system (30) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0
Where are you getting that?
In my PHPMyAdmin.

Well, not to hijack my own thread, but if I wanted to do a clean install of mybb and transfer my posts from my old forum, how can I do so?
You have to backup few tables(Not all because that may cause problems provided that there is some problem with mybb_sessions).
Now read this(just read Toungue) and learn how to perform a backup
http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Database_Backup
Now create the backup of your current board
AND do all same stated on the WIKI EXCEPT the select all tables part.Select all the tables except mybb_sessions and then backup(coz if we backup mybb_sessions, there will be no use of backup as mybb_sessions is faulty).
Now Create a new board on your website.(without touching the current one).
Login to phpmyadmin.Delete all the tables of this new board except mybb_session.Now use the import feature(when you are in the new board's database which has 1 table i.e mybb_session after you deleted the tables), and then select that sql file.
Now does it work?
Thanks, but it's still messed up. I'm reinstalling on another server/host.