MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I remove Google from Whos Online?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I see that Google is always on my Whos Online list.

Is there a way to not show Google is online?

Thanks
Goto Admin CP > Configuration > Spiders/Bots then delete google from there or any other you want. And you are done.

I hope this is what you are asking for.

Regards
Praveer
(2010-08-25, 06:06 AM)Praveer Wrote: [ -> ]Goto Admin CP > Configuration > Spiders/Bots then delete google from there or any other you want. And you are done.

I hope this is what you are asking for.

Regards
Praveer

Thanks Praveer,

Now will this in anyway stop google from crawling my site?
I don't want to keep google out, just off the Whos Online list.

The forum will not show when the bot visited your forum and will not detect it automatically.
(2010-08-25, 06:16 AM)Praveer Wrote: [ -> ]The forum will not show when the bot visited your forum and will not detect it automatically.

Thanks i see it Smile
Your Welcome Smile
What is so bad about having it there? It's not doing anything bad. If anything, it's doing something good. It searches your site and will list some of your threads and public content in certain google searches.

It's doing a good thing for you, and it will help with promotion.

Why delete it?
(2010-08-25, 01:13 PM)cohen Wrote: [ -> ]What is so bad about having it there? It's not doing anything bad. If anything, it's doing something good. It searches your site and will list some of your threads and public content in certain google searches.

Why delete it?
Deleting it in the ACP will not prevent it from crawling the site.

it is just that you wont be able to assign special perms to it Wink

* This thread should have been in General support
/Moved Smile
(2010-08-25, 01:13 PM)cohen Wrote: [ -> ]What is so bad about having it there? It's not doing anything bad. If anything, it's doing something good. It searches your site and will list some of your threads and public content in certain google searches.

Why delete it?

Hi cohen,

Its just more for appearance sake, people on my forum always see Google there and it just looks like big brother is always watching them.
Pages: 1 2