MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How's this laptop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well I have been wanting a new laptop for a while and started looking around on Tiger Direct to see if I could find something I want. And I found this.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/...etailspecs

I don't know much about computers at all, but I know there are a few people here that do. Would this be good?

I will mainly be using it for my web design stuff. So I would have Photoshop, Komodo Text Editor, CoreFTP, Google Chrome, IE, FF, and then some other programs like iTunes and such that I need for other things.

I need some help picking something out. I would like an Acer but another brand works too if you have any suggestions.

Thanks Smile
I'm no pro at all in picking computers, but I can assure you that one sucks and you can get something much better. What's your budget?
I don't really have one. I have $30 right now and I'm not making much money. I could sell my current laptop but I wouldn't get much for it... And I can't get a job.
All those programs at once? Not sure that would work that well. Photoshop is a memory hog. :?

Whats your max price range, i'll look around for yea.
(2010-08-25, 03:25 PM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really have one. I have $30 right now and I'm not making much money. I could sell my current laptop but I wouldn't get much for it... And I can't get a job.

So how are you planning to buy a computer?
What about Netbook? They are cheap and very nice. What do you think of them?
If you like them then go with Asus or HP mini or Dell.

Regards
Praveer
(2010-08-25, 03:48 PM)Praveer Wrote: [ -> ]What about Netbook? They are cheap and very nice. What do you think of them?
If you like them then go with Asus or HP mini or Dell.

Regards
Praveer

He needs to run photoshop. I've found past version 7 it runs very slow on atom processors.
Net books not only come with atom processor. There are other processors also in the market.
(2010-08-25, 03:51 PM)Praveer Wrote: [ -> ]Net books not only come with atom processor. There are other processors also in the market.

Can you link me to some? I've actually been wanting to update my EEEpc. (And i don't mean ARM. ;P)
Hi, I am on mobile rite now so cannot link to you. Actually very few are available in the market with other processor like some of MSI. But dual core atom processors also come and I dont think that there will be any problem with PS using them.

Regards
Praveer
Pages: 1 2 3 4