MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I don't understand reputation system.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It doesn't appear to be very useful. As a member I can't see what reputation other people have except a red or green. As the site admin I can't even see other peoples reputations. What's the point then? Is this going to be worked on?

I find it frustrating you have a feature yet it's really not. How difficult would it be for a mouseover reputation number to be shown for the bar? Even that would be helpful. Just alt tag should do the trick. If a person has 10 reputation I can mouse over their red or green bar and get their current number or even some text depending on the range the number is within.

Any ideas on this?

u could also try download the Alternative Reputation System
Don't you think it's pointless having a rep system to replace the rep system? I just don't get how useful the current one is out-of-the-box.
get an active forum and you'll see the effect more obviously.
We've actually already changed this in 1.2 to show the numerical value of the reputation instead of the images - due to demand from users.

If you're after doing it with the current version of MyBB, I'd suggest posting a thread in the code modifcations forum or on the MyBB Mods site and somebody will be able to help you with it.

In the future - we'll be looking into expanding the reputation system further as well.
will this invalidating the alternative rep system chris?

i like being able to post neutral reps and stuff thats all
Quote:will this invalidating the alternative rep system chris?

ARS will still have its features. As the new rep system comming with mybb 1.2 does not have that reputation details page you have with ARS. yes it uses numbers but still you the only one who sees them and through your user cp.

regards
Chris Boulton Wrote:We've actually already changed this in 1.2 to show the numerical value of the reputation instead of the images - due to demand from users.

If you're after doing it with the current version of MyBB, I'd suggest posting a thread in the code modifcations forum or on the MyBB Mods site and somebody will be able to help you with it.

In the future - we'll be looking into expanding the reputation system further as well.

That's what I wanted to hear...I don't want to actually do too many core code changes. I know that mybb releases updates fairly often and the trap I fell into with phpbb is now a nightmare of mods and updates. I hope to avoid that scenario with mybb. If the members have to wait till 1.2 then so be it. Not a biggie. I just needed to hear that it was going in the right direction. Could you please also add that in a profile you can view the last 5 or 10 reps given for a person? Please consider this.
Chris Boulton Wrote:We've actually already changed this in 1.2 to show the numerical value of the reputation instead of the images - due to demand from users.

I find it funny that the reputation system isnt enabled on these forums.
:/ as mentioned many times, they are trying to avoid abusing the system by some bad intentions members. umm that doesn't convience me alot.

regards
Pages: 1 2