MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PnkElf90q
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A couple of days ago, someone registered at my board with the nickname PnkElf90q. Since i found that name a bit odd, i googled it and found out that this person stated registering at scores of mybb forums worldwide about five days ago. So far, (s)he only logged in and didn't post anywhere.

Anyone got an idea what this guy migt be up to?
It is someone using his signature for promoting links... Wink
Weird i haven't gotten him on my sites yet
His biggest Spamming promotions are for : "meat grinder" and "stationary bike".
To be honest I don't ban spambots unless they actually post spam. If you're certain that it is a spambot though then go for it Toungue
The biggest annoyance of these new passive registrations is that you can get hundreds of them in no time even with a captcha registration needing eMail verification...

Even if many forums owners would be delighted to get these new registrations to show a bigger members list, a wise person would notice that all of them never posted and will start to think that they could be false registrations done by the owner himself.

So if someone care more about their reputation and honesty, they would need to get rid of these "New Era Spammers"...

Wink
I remove people who don't activate their account for over 2 weeks... On dev-network we had 542 members (230+ non activated) and only 700 posts. About 100 members have only signed up to download my plugins for mybb
install the stopforumspam plugin and such registrations wont happen as often
(2010-08-25, 04:35 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]install the stopforumspam plugin and such registrations wont happen as often

Yep, did that. But this guy isn't listed there. Wink
SFS stops some regs but I'm still having spam-registration issues o.O
Pages: 1 2