MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AutoExpunge 1.0 WARNING
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
thanks for the update of the script. i did not consider the ratings, redirects and subscriptions as much of an issue, but i do see how we might as well clean it all.
And Dont forget to disable mods "Notification After Thread/Post Moderation" from Lex (if you had one) Smile
It will send hundreds/thousands of post moderation PM notify (unread Private Messages)

[attachment=19589]
wow, you have a lot of orphans....

this autoexpunge plugin created a lot of problems
Taken from more than 1.5 millions posts
since 2008 http://mods.mybb.com/view/autoexpunge Wink

And I have to alter delete those thousands of PM's

DELETE FROM `mybb_privatemessages` WHERE `subject` LIKE '%[Notification]%'
(2010-08-26, 02:05 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]i did not consider the ratings, redirects and subscriptions as much of an issue.

yes, it is not a big issue, but why not to clean them too Wink

(2010-08-26, 03:23 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]this autoexpunge plugin created a lot of problems

finally i decide to rewrite it, because i hate to multiply days by 24 hours, also i need more functions, not only "remove", but "close", "move" too.
and i have idea to clean out old redirects with infinite deadlines, because i didn't see any reason to have redirects for more than several months.
+ translations support

i believe to finish it today or tomorrow. i'll share it here. (currently only for mybb1.4, i'm not yet ready for 1.6 migration)

2 FBI, if you still cleaning, I found one 'dirty' way how to significantly speed up work of cleaning script:

before next "next set" clicking
1. find function delete_post in inc/class_moderation.php, comment out calls
remove_attachments($pid);
update_thread_counters($post['tid'], $update_array);
update_forum_counters($post['fid'], $update_array);

2. do several cleaning cycles (3-5, maybe 10, it depends on how heavily attachments used in you forum)
then go to "Admin CP / Forums & Posts / Attachments / Find Orphaned Attachments" and delete them.
and again, again, again.

3. after script is finished, uncomment commented calls.
4. again delete orphaned attachments
5. recount counters in Admin CP

that works much faster.

(2010-08-26, 07:21 PM)asmile Wrote: [ -> ]
2 FBI, if you still cleaning, I found one 'dirty' way how to significantly speed up work of cleaning script:

before next "next set" clicking
1. find function delete_post in inc/class_moderation.php, comment out calls
remove_attachments($pid);
update_thread_counters($post['tid'], $update_array);
update_forum_counters($post['fid'], $update_array);

2. do several cleaning cycles (3-5, maybe 10, it depends on how heavily attachments used in you forum)
then go to "Admin CP / Forums & Posts / Attachments / Find Orphaned Attachments" and delete them.
and again, again, again.

3. after script is finished, uncomment commented calls.
4. again delete orphaned attachments
5. recount counters in Admin CP

that works much faster.

damn nice, faster 3-5 times before!
Maybe give a line of Java script can automated clicking "next set" Wink

Before I clean up thousands of orphans, Temporary & manually I increasing limit from 1000 to 10000, but first I have to change interactive timeout, connect and wait timeout 10 times inside my.cnf on my server.

Quote:9900 posts deleted
10000 posts deleted
cleaning redirects...
Next set
look for promised replacement at http://community.mybb.com/thread-77074.html
Okay, Now replacing AutoExpunge with a new one Wink
Pages: 1 2