MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade wizard - verify admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed mybb 1.6, I uploaded it to my public_html directory, and I went to upgrade.php, I try entering my login details (I'm sure they are right) It just clears out my information and same page, although I tried entering false information and it brought me to a forgot your password page.. So the first one doesn't do anything so it must be right because not a forgot your password page.. But doesn't do anything.. How can I fix this (and I can't reset password because The install directory (install/) still exists on your server and is not locked. To access MyBB please either remove this directory or create an empty file in it called 'lock'.
What do you mean by you just installed 1.6...?? You don't install anything if you're upgrading. Do you mean you ran ./install/index.php??

As it very clearly says in that error message, to access the forum again, you would need to either delete the install folder or put a file called 'lock' in it. However you can't do this as you'd just get an error saying to upgrade your forum. Run these queries in phpMyAdmin and see if you can login to the upgrader afterwards:

DELETE FROM `mybb_sessions` WHERE `uid` = '1';
DELETE FROM `mybb_adminsessions` WHERE `uid` = '1';

Change the 1 to your UID if it isn't 1.
Well, I ran /install/upgrade.php
I ran those queries, it said successful.
But it said this after, I don't know if it means it didn't work or something?

DELETE FROM mybb_sessions WHERE uid = '1';# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

DELETE FROM mybb_adminsessions WHERE uid = '1';# 1 row(s) affected.

I tried running the upgrader again, same thing as before, won't log me in.. And yeah, I tried putting a lock file in the install folder, and it said upgrade before trying to browse forum.
Never mind, I fixed it..
The cookie domain was on my old URL..
Thanks for the help.
You never mentioned your URL had changed...