MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Parse Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all. I tried to upgrade from 1.4 to 1.6. I kept on getting a Parse Error (Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /homepages/7/d241938617/htdocs/news.laffertyworld/inc/class_core.php on line 18) so decided to try and re-install 1.4. I got the same error. I've deleted all MyBB off my server (not the database side of things) and tried to re-install 1.4 and 1.6. Each time I get the error message above. I've done a clean install of 1.6, adjusted all the CHMODs but still the same error message.

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks in advance

LT

ADDED:: I have uploaded the files and tried to install, and I have uploaded the .zip file and installed directly onto my server.
Why did you need to reinstall MyBB for?? This is either a problem with your host not using PHP 5.1+ or you didn't upload a file properly.
(2010-08-26, 06:20 AM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]Why did you need to reinstall MyBB for?? This is either a problem with your host not using PHP 5.1+ or you didn't upload a file properly.

I've just read that my host might not be running PHP5. I have emailed their support in the hope of finding out.

I re-installed because I thought the problem was with me not with my host or with MyyBB 1.6. I've saved the data base, so all I'll need to do is to re-install the numerous mods when I'm back up and running!

Just out of curiosity, I'm with 1and1 (no prblems with this mob). Do you know about their PHP versions?

Thanks for the reply

LT
Nope, but MyBB does not run without PHP5.1 or higher.
(2010-08-26, 06:53 AM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, but MyBB does not run without PHP5.1 or higher.

OK. I am looking at changing it to a Linux setup as it runs PHP5

Cheers

LT
However, it doesn't explain why 1.4 gave me the same error message though!

Confused

LT
OK. I've manged to re-install MyBB 1.4 and all seems to be OK except for 1 thing. How do I re-install my backed up data bases? I've saved the backup as a .sql file and don't seem to be able to import it through MyBB admin or via phpmyadmin from my hosting company.

Oh, and found I'm running PHP 4.9, so that explains why 1.6 doesn't work!

Any and all advise gratefully recieved.

Big thanks

LT